Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What Goes Into Your Mind?

What Goes Into Your Mind Comes Out In Your Life! What have you been feeding your mind?

Did you know that what you watch , read and listen to becomes part of how you feel mentally and sometimes physically. Science proves this!

What do you feed your mind with daily? Think about it and journal about it. Journal about what is going into your mind and how you think it is acting itself out in your life.

Do you read before you go to bed?, What are your favorite shows? What are the words to the music you are listening to? Really THINK about this prompt.

When I journaled this prompt I found that going to sleep with Criminal Minds or NCIS on was probably not the best idea. I found that waking up and reading something positive was working very well for me. At the end of my jounraling the final conclusion was that I need to put more positive, uplifting, true things in my mind each day and need to choose what I watch more carefully. No..I did not give up Criminal Minds or NCIS...but I do record them and try not to let them be the very last thing I watch before I sleep.

I think you will be surprised at what you find at the end of this assignment!
Please share anything you wish!

group and wish to email me at On Friday I will randomly pick a name from all who have commented on the post from Monday through Friday and the winner will receive a copy of The Middle Place. I will be holding a similar drawing for the flickr group for everyone that has uploaded from the beginning through Friday. If you have not joined the flickrsmsummerville@hotmail.com and I will send you an invitation as it is by invitation only.

Have a fantastic Tuesday!

Fondly,
Susan


6 comments:

  1. I LOVE these prompts! Thank you for all your hard work in getting it all together for us to all be inspired!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What goes in must come out-somehow....

    No matter how much I want this blog to be about life's journeys and not the nitty gritty ugliness of my life saved for my personal journal...Susan always pulls out the hard questions. She said really think about this one...so I did.

    I watch very little t.v. I have 6 weeks of Grey's Anatomy on the DVR to watch. When I go to bed at night, I flip from the weather channel and HGTV for about 20 minutes. I have no time to read for enjoyment except on airplanes. However, normally I fall asleep within 15 minutes of take off out of pure exhaustion and I finally am trapped with no where to go and nothing else to do. I do read though: self help books. Right now I'm reading books about co-dependency and anger. Then I journal in my real journal.
    I spend most of my day working with customers and by the end of the work day, I really don't want to talk to anyone else. I use my creativity on my kitchen designs, so I feel artisticly empty later on to do the things I find relaxing.
    In the last year, my husband lost his job and our income dropped by over 80% of where it had been. He's no longer on unemployment, so I'm the sole bread winner. Last summer, when my daughter announced her engagement, we drained our savings account on deposits...thinking my husband would have a job by now surely. We've started selling stuff on ebay to make extra money and this past weekend, my daughter canceled here big formal wedding for something smaller.
    So, lately, when I go to bed, I'm crying myself to sleep or waking up 10 times a night feeling like a complete failure as a provider and mother to my family. Then there is all the stress involved in being broke literally and figurately. Where's the money going to come from to get milk before payday? What if my husband never finds a job and we have to give up our home? Will my daughter forgive me for not giving her the 'dream wedding'? And the next day it starts all over again.
    So what goes in is not pretty...and what comes out is ugly.
    If you've been reading my blogs though...you'll know that I'm probably feeling like I'm getting exactly what I deserve about now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read, read, read. I've always got a book going, usually a romance type novel, but also other types, like the secret, etc. I also read through stampington's Art journal magazine fairly regularly...one for inspiration and two just because.... :) it's just pretty to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this prompt. This one is going to really make me think. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watch a lot of TV and read a lot. Most of the TV I watch is for entertainment. I start my day with The Today Show so that I know the main headlines and news stories. In the evenings I love shows like Criminal Minds, NCIS, Law & Order, you get the idea.
    I seldom watch TV as I’m going to bed. I have to read, no matter the time. It settles me down and provides the quiet time I need at the end of the day. I start by reading my scriptures. Then I read my current book, which is typically a novel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always watch CSI, Criminal Minds, NCIS, and the likes just before bed. Have been having problems sleeping lately...

    Maybe switching to a more pleasant, positive and calm ritual would be good for me.

    Thanks for this prompt. It makes me realize this.
    Well, gues we have something in common.
    Luisa

    ReplyDelete