We start today by drawing names for the giveaway goodies. The winner of the blog giveaway is KIM from Texas. The winner of the Flickr giveaway is Lisa Fulmer. I will need both of you to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org your full name and address so that I can get your goodies off to you right away.
ART JOURNAL PROMPT is MIRROR, MIRROR
interpret that any way you wish. Create! I can't wait to see your art. PLEASE share by uploading your art to the Your Life Spelled Out Flickr Group. You may join this group through invitation only so if you wish to join email me at email@example.com with your request. We will have give aways twice a month. All you need to do to be included in the drawing is to upload your art to our flickr page.
Pointing Out to All that I posted another post right before this one featuring another Journal Page from the flickr group. Check it out!
WRITTEN JOURNAL PROMPT
Write a list of at least ten of your achievements. This is a feel good exercise so let's keep our minds focused in a positive direction. Some of you are thinking "What achievements! Great, now I even feel worse about myself"..STOP!! We all have achievements and we should all celebrate them. Maybe you were in an abusive relationship and now you are not..THAT is an achievement. Maybe you went back to college or maybe you never finished high school and went back for your GED..THAT is an achievement, maybe you stopped a bad habit or finally stopped biting your nails after 15 year..THAT is an achievement. Celebrate the small ones along with the big ones and do not compare yourself to anyone else. When I compare myself to others I ALWAYS loose and so will you. In my list I celebrate the small achievements along with the big ones. I have included my list as an example.
1. Gave Birth To Four Beautiful Children
2. Married My Best Friend and Soul Mate
3. Lost 40 pounds last year
4. I beat the odds and graduated High School on time with my class in 1980 even though by the time I graduated I had been married for two years and had two children. I never give myself credit for that. That is a BIG achievement.
5. Left an abusive dysfunctional relationship
6. Owned by own business (a book store)
7. Co-Founded a Not For Profit with my son to provide comforts and needs for children suffering from cancer.
8. Wrote a chapbook of poetry.
9. Was United Ways Philanthropist of the year three years ago
10. Was invited and went to the WhiteHouse with my son Ede for our work with Project Ed Bear (not for profit).
11. Surrendered My Life to Christ.
The best part is I could go on with hundreds of little achievements that mean nothing to anyone but me..like once I stopped drinking coffee for three entire months...Write down ALL of them that you can think of...Big and Small.
Please share if you wish by posting. All post from today until next Friday will go into next weeks drawing.
Have a FANTASTIC Friday.