Monday, January 4, 2010

and 10 years from now....

So far we have looked at the past decade, examined the blessings that are in our life now and today we will look at what the next ten years looks like to us. Where do you see yourself in 2020? This is like resolutions on steroids! What are your goals..What do you want your life to look like.

My journaling will involve where I wish to be along with facts that will keep me grounded in reality.

For example, in 2020 my children will be 31 to 41 years old. That means that all of my children will be over 30..that alone blows my mine. My grandchildren will turn 10, 13 and 15 that year. I will have been blissfully married for 23 years and my mom will be almost 80 years old.

I will journal this in my book along with what I want my life to look like, goals I want to have reach etc..

This is an important exercise. I know none of us know what the future holds but this exercise will help direct your path.

Please feel free to share any part of your journal writing in a the comment area after this post or on the flickr group.

For those of you that are new to this blog please note that we have a flickr page dedicated to Your Life Spelled Out and it is by invitation only. It is a great place to share, to upload journal or art journal and to connect with others in the group. If you would like an invitation please send you name and email address directly to my at smsummerville@hotmail.com.

For those of you that are getting your prompts from facebook only and are not visiting or following the blog I encourage you to stop by and visit. There will be many things blog related (such as give aways) that you will only be able to be part of if you are a visiting or following the blog. There will also eventually be links to resources and to other blogs that are related that I know you would enjoy.

Can't wait to hear about how today's assingment has worked in your life.

Have a great Monday...

4 comments:

  1. Just completed the last 4 prompts. :) Thank you! Have not felt the NEED to journal in a long time. Loved today's exercise. I am just now realizing that in 10 years I will have a teenager in the house...yikes. Plus, most of my goals are completely attainable in 10 years! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit this one threw me for a loop today.
    10 years...seems so long, but I know that it will pass in a blink of an eye.
    Caitlin will be 32. Ohhh, I hope I have grandbabies by then. I can just see them faired,freckled like Caitlin and red curls like Jared! Most of all I want Caitlin to continue to be cancer free and not be having problems with her leg.
    Courtney will be 24 and probably just graduated from college and working on her Masters. I hope she lands that dream job at the Weather Channel so I can wake up and see her beautiful face everyday on tv. I also hope she has love in her life.
    I hope that both my girls don't go far from home so that I can see them often and be part of their adult lives.
    I know that I'm going to be doing some online schooling to get my certification in Kitchen and Bath Design through the National Kitchen and Bath Association this year, so I'd like to be doing something more with that in the way of interior design, construction and the auction world.
    I want to still be married to Doug and enjoying the 'empty nest' on the back of a Harley with my hands wrapped around his waist and the wind in my hair. Enjoying all my senses and surroundings.
    I'd like to have a better sense of my own spirit by then and the journey the remainder of my life is suppose to take.
    My father will be 76 and I would imagine I'll be taking care of him in some manner, even it's just to remind him daily to take his medicine and no fishing without a license.
    I hope to be thinner, I hope to not be smoking, I hope to be wiser.

    I say I hope and I'd like, because I've learned the hard way that you never know where life is going to take you. My mother died when I was 15 and my daughter was diagnosed with cancer at 16. I didn't plan for those things nor did I hope for them.
    I can plan all I want: but it's not my life to choose, I'm here as a guest and the book is already written. In the end all you can have is HOPE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, made my journal (had to make it pretty hehehe) and finished the first 3 prompts, I need time to sit and write out today's exercise but want to be fresh when I start to write it out. I can already see this is going to be very therapuetic :O) I am looking forward to the rest....hopefully I can keep it up LOL

    Thanks for taking the time to organzie and keep this going :O)

    You are a great woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Kammie - I made my journal on Sunday and wrote my way through the first three prompts without any problem last night. But I had to stop and really consider how I envision my life 10 years from now. Not only is there the issue of events outside our control, but I also need to break free of the (semi) mindless 5-year business plan projection. So this exercise may help not only my personal goals but my professional goals as well! Thank you so much for a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete