Friday, January 8, 2010

I know what you are thinking!

Many of you are thinking "This started a week ago and I am so far behind already..just forget it" or " I don't think this will work for me because I am just not that disciplined" or " I always start out strong but we will just see how long I last".

If you are thinking any of those things you are making it too complicated! Who cares if you do every single prompt? It is YOUR journal! This is a tool to help you write, to help you know yourself and it is to be enjoyable. Don't make it a (things to do today) activity or it will soon become an unwanted responsibility instead of what it is meant to be. Go at your own pace. Write out the prompts that you wish to. Dig as deep as you wish. There are no rules here which is one of the things I like most about Your Life Spelled Out.

At the end of the day I want you to feel GOOD about journaling and about what you have accomplished not bad or guilty about not having done the prompt that day or two days ago. We have enough bad feelings already and this is a tool to help turn that around not highlight them.

Now onto YOUR PROMPT TODAY is..There will come a time while writing my journal that I will become very busy, forget to journal, or that I will set my pen down for days maybe weeks at a time. How will I pick that pen back up? Why would I be tempted not to?

Important questions to answer if you plan to continue keeping a journal. What is your plan?

One of the things that I will encourage you to do if you have set your pen down or if you are stuck is to email me directly. I will try to help you through any block or figure out why you pen has become silent. I am very committed to helping you through this process as I believe keeping a journal is one of the healthiest things we can do for ourselves.

Happy Journaling.

See you Saturday.

Fondly,
Susan








2 comments:

  1. you wrote this at a perfect time....I was already starting to feel this way! esp since I had every intgention of keeping up with...thanks for tkaing the pressure off of myself :O)

    you are such a great inspiration and motivator :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with Susan on this one.
    Maybe you're like me and keep a written journal of your deep dark secrets and very private stuff that you don't want to share with the world at large.
    Maybe you don't like that day's prompt.
    Maybe you superwoman and one more thing at the end of thd day is too much.

    I personally look forward everyday to Susan's email with the days prompt. Why? Because it takes me away from that personal journal. Two days ago on Jan 6th was the anniversary of my mom's death and I was literally a basket case. However our prompt did not deal with death or mothers that day. So, I had to think outside the box and focus on what Susan was asking of me that day. Isn't that the point? To lead us down a different path and look at things differently.
    I don't know if I'll be able to keep up either.I have alot of traveling for my job coming up soon. But, I intend to try. Some days I'll probably have more to say than others. The passion prompt comes to mind!
    So, come on ya all...dive in...or at least stick your toes in...the waters nice and warm!

    ReplyDelete