Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Bio as Promised

Yesterday I promised to post my bio before the prompt today. Forgive me for getting that backwards.

What many people know about me is that my name is Susan, I am married to the most romantic man in the world who also happens to be my best friend,I am a mother of four and a step mother of one (although I always say I am a mother of five as I am in my heart). I am Nana to three grandchildren who are such a part of my heart that I ache to be with them when they are not here. I am Irma's(the most giving and loving mother I know) daughter and I know how very blessed I am to be able to claim that. 16 years ago this year I co founded Project Ed Bear with my son Ede. Project Ed Bear is an all volunteer organization dedicated to providing comforts and needs for pediatric oncology patients throughout North East Ohio. I am very passionate about this not for profit organization and it is equivalent to a part time job for me. I am also passionate about photography, writing and creating (which covers many categories). I am a philanthropist , a mentor and am passionate about helping people (especially women) discover themselves through journaling and art.

What most people do not know about me is that I have always struggled with loosing myself in business. . I get lost in being Skip's wife, Sarah, Matthew, Ede and Hannah's mom, Aaron's step mom, Tyler, Wyatt and Aubrey's Nana, Irma's daughter, the daughters of Sarah leader, the friend, the photographer, the philanthropist, the mother in law, the baker, the cook, the social committee for our neighborhood, the head of Project Ed Bear etc. I over commit. I wanted to be a photo journalist and an ice skater when I was young.I am neither. I am generally unorganized and have to work very hard at staying organized once I am. I am messy by nature and have to work harder than most to keep things neat once they are. I have courage of conviction. I am a pretty good public speaker but almost always am very fearful while I am speaking.I hate that I am starting to age but know that it beats the alternative. I struggle with fear, the fear of losing someone I love. Journaling is not only a fantastic hobby for me, it is also theraputic and very necessary to release some of the stress that is so much a part of my life.

That's me in a nutshell. Nice to meet you!


1 comment:

  1. Howdy Susan!
    Great to meet you! Really, I enjoyed reading about you and its obvious that you're passionate about the people in your life and what you do. I look forward to getting to know you better - and going on this journey with you.

    ReplyDelete