Friday, January 29, 2010

Do Over and ART JOURNAL PROMPT



If there was one thing, event or action in your life that you could DO OVER if you were given the chance..What would it be? and WHY? This is your journal prompt for today.

And for our Art Journalist, your prompt this week is MY VOICE.

On Saturday the 30th I will leave for a one week business trip to Asia. I will post your prompt on Saturday from 30,000 feet in the air as I will have Internet (happiness) but on the 31st through the 6th of February Sarah Rice (author of Spoonful of Sugar Blog listed below) will paste the prompts that I have emailed her onto the blog. So it will be just like I am here (but I am not). I will be looking at the blog and answering questions and emails but it will be on off hours as my schedule will be completely upside down. Sarah may even add a post or two of her own. She is an scrumptious artist and cook as you will see when you visit her blog AND I am also proud to say my daughter.


Have a fantastic Friday!

Sending Love,
Susan

2 comments:

  1. REDO...January 6, 1982

    I was 15 years old. I was a self centered teenager. I had a favorite pair of jeans and I had asked my mom to wash them the night before. On the morning of January 6th, I asked her for my jeans and she said she had forgotten to wash them. I got mad and told her off, got dressed and went to school. No hug, no 'I Love You'. Nothing.
    My mom died that day in a car accident, she was 35 years old.
    I'd give anything to take that day back. To hug her one last time and tell her how much I love her. Instead I'm left with nasty words, disrespect and regret.

    Now as a mother, I can see how my words, disrepect and self-centeredness would of hurt my mother so much that day. Unfortuantely, life does not give you Do-Overs...you are left with your regrets and sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been watching the show on soap.net about this very idea. It is called "Being Erica." She made a list and goes back in time to "do over" and it shows that she doesn't always make it better. I have regrets but I wouldn't do anything different. The choices that I have made have made me the woman I am. I wouldn't have given up my 4 1/2 years with my first husband to give up the hurt that I felt when he died. I wouldn't give up the challenge of having 2 kids 16 months apart --> those girls are so close, just as if they were twins. And I still would have kissed Gerry on April Fool's Day.
    Have a great trip and take lots of pictures to show us!

    ReplyDelete