Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Journal Snapshot

Today we will stop and reflect on our life and will write out our observations in a Journal Snapshot. This is an excellent exercise to do at least twice a year. It grounds us and helps us refocus and realign ourselves to work on our goals.

Example of a Journal Snapshot:

Today is Tuesday, February 9th, 2010.

I have been home for three days from our whirlwind business trip to Asia. I am still jet lagging and I have not been sleeping through the night. I am finding it difficult to get back into my routine.Since I have returned my eating is off and I have not been working out in the morning. I need to change this immediately.

I turned 48 on the 6th. For the first time in my life I am starting to look in the mirror and really see signs of aging in and on every part of my body. I have also come to the realization that I am on the back half of my life. I am not sure how I feel about any of this as my thinking is still pretty convoluted due to lack of sleep and jet lag., I need to give myself time to adjust and then revisit this topic in writing to work through my feelings.

THE ABOVE POST IS HOW I STARTED MY JOURNAL SNAPSHOT..I have written more but I am sure this is enough to give you an example of what a journal snapshot is.

Have a super day everyone!

Sending Love,
Susan


2 comments:

  1. Today is my husband's birthday, he is 47. Unfortunately, he has to work late tonight with a parents night for AP classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life Observations...
    When I read this prompt my first instinct was to make something creative. Which I did and posted to the Flickr group.

    As the day wore on I thought about it more.
    I may be round and I may be gray, have crows feet, celluite and lumps in placed they should not be...but, I don't look bad for my age. I don't look bad for all I've been through in my lifetime. Years ago, I developed quickly and I would always win at those carnival games where they'd gues your age. They'd say 22-23 when I was 15 or 16. I never got carded ever in my life. Yet, I was always the baby. Now, I feel like I my age has finally caught up with my look. I prefer the simple approach to life. Not too much makeup, more natural hair and comfortable (yet stylish) clothes. What you see is what you get, most of the time. I've shaken hands with Presidents and I've also shaken the hands of homeless people. Somewhere along the lines all these things made me into who I am today. When I look in the mirror and focus on my eyes, I know that my young at heart spirit is still there.

    ReplyDelete