Thursday, February 25, 2010

Constant Companion

I came across this the other day and thought it would be a perfect catalyst to an inward look. So today your prompt is the writing below. Write how it applies to you. Write about how you felt after you read it. Allow your thought to flow on the paper. Do not censor yourself.

Food for Thought...
I am your constant companion.
I am your greatest asset or heaviest burden.
I will push you up to success or down to disappointment.
I am at your command.
Half the things you do might just as well be turned over to me,
For I can do them quickly, correctly, and profitably.
I am easily managed; just be firm with me.
Those who are great, I have made great.
Those who are failures, I have made failures.
I am not a machine, though I work with the precision of a
machine and the intelligence of a person.
You can run me for profit, or you can run me for ruin.
Show me how you want it done. Educate me. Train me.
Lead me. Reward me.
And I will then...do it automatically.
I am your servant.
Who am I?
I am a habit.


Have a wonderful day!

Sending Love,
Susan

2 comments:

  1. curious perspective to give so much power to habits...i suppose the next logical aspect is how, what, where, when & who will govern the pattern of habits???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Habits...we are creatures of nature.
    Habits...often taught by unsuspecting and unintentional parents.
    Habits...hard to break.
    Habits...want to break them.
    Habits...often unaware of them.
    Habits...annoying to others.
    Habits...turn into OCD.
    Habits...part of who we are.
    Habits...can be good.
    Habits...can be bad.
    Habits...can be natural.
    Habits...can be picked up.

    Woman naturally have the nesting instinct when they are pregnant...this is a habit of nature...to prepare for the baby to enter the world and as a mother for us to make a nice home for them. Smoking is a habit that is picked up either by seeing others or curiosity that is self taught and hard to get rid of.

    Some habits are worth keeping...it's the ones we want to get rid of that are so hard to break.

    ReplyDelete