Saturday, February 13, 2010

Balance

Balance in life is often hard to obtain but must be sought after. Balance can
be the difference between manageable and unmanageable.

I have broken balance down into three main areas for myself. Each area can be broken down into several small ones . I ask myself how am I doing Physically, Mentally and Spiritually. All pieces fit together to form balance in my life. It doesn't matter if I am an overachiever in one area if the other areas are off.

Today your prompt is to write down the three areas in your journal and then write where you are today in those areas. I try to do this exercise several times a year or whenever I am feeling over stressed to help me see what areas are (off)!This is the first step to adjusting and ultimately to once again being in balance.

Have a wonderful Saturday.

Sending Love,
Susan

2 comments:

  1. This is my 'one word resolution' for the year - and boy oh boy is life making it hard to achieve or even get in the ballpark of.

    When reading your post, originally I thought you said "I try to exercise several times a year..." LOL! I thought, now THAT is my exercise program! I exercise for two days when I have some 'get it together' push, then it falls back to the wayside.

    a. go for a walk
    b. sit down and do Susan's balance journaling exercise
    c. see both as exercising and feel good about yourself
    d. thank Susan for all the prompts and let her know that even though you don't always respond, she makes you think about it and often take stock of where I stand in my life... and insist on getting a better attitude to do something about it... and then I scrap a page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy this one was a hard one...I know I need it back can't seem to find it BALANCE.

    My biggest thing is setting boundaries because I work from home. So, even though I have set hours to work, I'll answer the phone at 9pm if it rings or reply to an email. That takes away from my family and it takes away from ME. So, I need to work on Balancing my work and my family. Seems that if I do that, the rest will fall into place.

    ReplyDelete