Saturday, January 8, 2011

Wisdom to know the difference!

Today we will unpack the box that is labeled (things I control). You can control many things, for example, how you act, the things that come out of your mouth, what you put into your mouth, what you do with any free time you might have, how you treat others, choices that you make..but there are so many things we have an illusion of controlling that we really do not. For example, other people, how they act, think and respond to you.

I have always thought my life would run just a little more smoothly if everyone in it would just follow the script I have made for them...lol

After all, I know how they should act towards me, what they should say to me and how they should treat me.

I love the serenity prayer

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change (other people, places, things and circumstances), courage to change the things I can (myself), and the wisdom to know the difference.

Today we will make three list. The first list is the one that states everything and everyone that we think we are in control of in our life.
The second list will be the things we feel that we are not in control of.
After looking over each list and filtering it through the above pray we will write our third list that will reflect the truth, what we are and are not in control of.

Praying before for guidance is something that I recommend.

Peace,
Susan

2 comments:

  1. after prayer & the two crazy lists i have, i am resolved to focus on list #3...
    Proverbs 4:23 Guard your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wisdom is my one little word that I am working on this year. I want to learn when to keep my mouth shut and when to speak up and the wisdom to know the difference!

    ReplyDelete