Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Pursuit of Simplicity

The pursuit of simplicity is a common goal of many of our readers.

Your prompt today is to list at least five ways you can simplify your life. Now write how you intend to implement them into your life.

Learning to say no is one of the ways I have been simplifying my life this year. I was just asked to be on another fund raising committee for The Veterans Memorial (a wonderful cause) and since my husband is a local politician, community involvement at this level is almost an expectation. However, I am learning my limitations the hard way. I already am on two Boards and plan and execute a dinner/auction each year for pediatric oncology patients through our Children's Hospital. This is in addition to being wife, daughter (I am blessed to have my mother live with us), mother (of 5) and Nana of (3). My plate is full so I said NO! An amazing achievement for me!

Your turn. Pick up your pen!

Our Featured Blog today is Robins Nest. You can find it at http://tqmnurse.blogspot.com/

This is the blog of Robin Bettis Novac. Robin is a self proclaimed obsessed scrapper and is on the design teams of Practical Scrappers and Sketches by Tamara.

I really enjoy her blog and all of the links she provides and I know you will too.


If you would like to have your blog considered please post your blog address and I will stop on by for a visit or send me an email at smsummerville@hotmail.com

Remember, we have a drawing for a gift certificate from Barnes and Noble or Arcivers (your choice) at the end of the month. All you need to do is to post on this blog or on my BLOOM and your name will be added to the drawing.


Have an OUTSTANDING day!

Sending Love,
Susan







1 comment:

  1. It is so hard to say no. I am afraid that I may be asked to head one of the clubs next year; and I don't know if I can do it. lol. I am going to practice saying no...

    ReplyDelete