Thursday, December 30, 2010
Before we get started take time to think about the reason you are journaling. It will help to direct you as you write or create.
There are so many reasons to jouranl. We journal for our health, for our mental health, for creativity, for release of stress, to heal our wounds, to document our lives for future generations, to SHOUT SHOUT get it all out, for self exploration, to find out what holds us captive so that we can break free. What ever your reason for journaling in 2011 I welcome you with open arms.
Please send me a note or post a comment when you have your journal ready and are ready to begin.Remember a journal can be anything from paper stapled together to a store bought blank book. We will start on January 1st of 2011. It will be easy to catch up if you miss a day or a few days by simply looking in the archive post.
I am busy getting organized for you. I will let you know what that means on the 30th.
Monday, December 27, 2010
I have the entire 2011 Your Life Spelled Out written so I should be able to stay on track.
The past few months have been a roller coaster and I want off. If ever I needed to journal through a time, it was then. There has been joy but also much sorrow and grief.
If you plan on journaling through Your Life Spelled Out in 2011 be prepared to forget about the fluff. We are going to dig and dig deep to discover all the things that we have spent years burying . That is the only way to be free of them.
Hope to see you here on the 1st. Let the journey begin!
Saturday, December 25, 2010
A Christmas Letter to the People I Love
The Christmas letter will be a little different this year. The focus will be on lessons learned instead of what has happened in our family this past year.
My little friend Olivia passed away on December 11th. She was a light in the lives of so many. She taught me so many things in our few years together. She taught me that
· You must love with ALL of your heart ALL of the time, even if you know you may hurt in the end.
· If you don’t like the way they cook your bacon, send it back.
· If you want to create art you should stop talking about it and just do it.
· Always think of others before yourself.
· Some rules really are there for a reason.
· No one else but you can put a voice to your opinion so voice it often.
· It’s alright to have more than one favorite color.
· You can love many people at the same time, all for different reasons.
· Some people are brought into your life for a special reason. Pay attention so you don’t miss it.
· Rocket Popsicles ROCK. Why have just one flavor when you can have three!
More than anything she taught me that one life CAN make a difference in the world. She left me with the desire to try to make a difference in someone’s life each day of 2011.
Oh and the family is beautiful and well. We wish you all a blessed Christmas surrounded by people you love.
I leave you with a favorite poem of mine. I was not surprised to find out that it was also one of Olivia’s favorites.
I will not play at tug o' war.
With Love and Hugs Too,