A Christmas Letter to the People I Love
The Christmas letter will be a little different this year. The focus will be on lessons learned instead of what has happened in our family this past year.
My little friend Olivia passed away on December 11th. She was a light in the lives of so many. She taught me so many things in our few years together. She taught me that
· You must love with ALL of your heart ALL of the time, even if you know you may hurt in the end.
· If you don’t like the way they cook your bacon, send it back.
· If you want to create art you should stop talking about it and just do it.
· Always think of others before yourself.
· Some rules really are there for a reason.
· No one else but you can put a voice to your opinion so voice it often.
· It’s alright to have more than one favorite color.
· You can love many people at the same time, all for different reasons.
· Some people are brought into your life for a special reason. Pay attention so you don’t miss it.
· Rocket Popsicles ROCK. Why have just one flavor when you can have three!
More than anything she taught me that one life CAN make a difference in the world. She left me with the desire to try to make a difference in someone’s life each day of 2011.
Oh and the family is beautiful and well. We wish you all a blessed Christmas surrounded by people you love.
I leave you with a favorite poem of mine. I was not surprised to find out that it was also one of Olivia’s favorites.
I will not play at tug o' war.
With Love and Hugs Too,