Thursday, August 26, 2010

Today your prompt is the word Escape. What does that word mean to you? What do you escape into? Some of you are thinking."That's ridiculous, I don't "escape", I am grounded, I am a realist"! My question to you is ARE YOU SURE? When life gets tough what do you dive into? Did you know that escape comes in many forms? Here are a few examples. Spending, Eating, Drinking, Reading, Hobbies, Television, Movies, Drugs (yes even the Tylenol P.M. that you take every single night because you are afraid you will not sleep unless you do), Denial and Relationships! There are many more. I have listed only a few.

Most of the things that I listed are good things. They only become unhealthy when we use them to hide from or escape from pain or the pressures of everyday life. Everything is a balancing act. It is important to recognize harmful behavior, otherwise we will never address it and change it and nothing will ever change.

On Friday our topics will lighten up and will be fun for a few days. You have worked very hard this week and I am proud of you.


Have a fantastic Thursday.

Sending You Love,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment